Sunday, May 3, 2009

Yellow Brick Road


I cannot sleep. I have to, there's work tomorrow. 

BTW: Congratulations, Manny Pacquiao for beating Ricky Hatton on the second round!

I am listening to the Elton John song, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road over and over again. Ironic, because the song talks about going back to the country. 

"So goodbye yellow brick road
Where the dogs of society howl
You can't plant me in your penthouse
I'm going back to my plough"

Yesterday, I was in a hurry to be back here in the city. Last friday, May 1, was a holiday. I was alone in the house so my mother decided to take me home to the province. However,  I cannot stand there even for another minute. So, I hurriedly went home the next day to escape the place I used to love--the place where I grew up. I cannot understand myself. I do not know what has gotten into me. I preferred to stay alone in the city than to mingle with my fun-loving, gossip-mongering, loud-talking relatives. I used to love it there. Things had changed.

I am a bit paranoid, maybe. The polluted air in the city might have gotten into me. I have no business there, so why go there? At least here, I can always browse the internet and entertain myself. Internet is my ultimate medicine for boredom these days. 

Of course, I am not saying that I don't ever wanna go there. All I am saying is that, I have my moods. Last Friday, I do not have the heart to go there. I am not in the mood. 

So, why can't I sleep now? Please, enter Mr. Sandman!

No comments:

Post a Comment